Submitted by Jules_A, Apr 7th, 2007
Howdy, I haven't tried this yet but its from Southern Living which normally puts out good stuff and it sounds like a great appetizer. Thought some folks might be doing dinner for the holidays so here goes:
- 1-8oz loaf crusty bread
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 16oz can of cannellini or great norther beans, drained/rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
Cut bread in 12 1/2" slices place on bakng sheet.
Bake 375 for 5-7min until toasted.
Saute garlic and rosemary in hot oil in nonstick pan for 2 minutes.Add beans, lemon, salt and pepper. Cook until heated, mashing beans to desired consistency.
Spread on bread.